Are you a part of the millions of people worldwide that suffer from eczema? You're not alone. Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that causes itchy, red, and scaly patches on the skin. While the cause of eczema is unknown, stress has been identified as a significant trigger for the condition.
Stress can weaken your immune system, and lead to inflammation throughout the body. This inflammatory response can cause eczema flare-ups and make it more difficult for the skin to heal. It can also cause habits that further damage the skin, such as rubbing and scratching the affected areas.
Thankfully, there are things you can do to manage stress and improve eczema symptoms.
1. Take time to relax. Whether it's deep breathing, meditation, or yoga, find a relaxation technique that works for you and practice it regularly.
2. Stay active. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and boost your overall health, which can help keep eczema symptoms at bay.
3. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can make stress worse and exacerbate eczema symptoms, so aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
4. Reach out for support. Talking to friends, family, or a mental health professional can help you manage stress and improve your mental wellbeing.
5. Avoid eczema triggers. Identify and avoid triggers that can make your eczema worse, such as certain foods or environmental factors. Identifying these triggers and making lifestyle changes can help reduce the severity of eczema symptoms.
6. Use eczema products. One product we recommend is Evereden's Healing Eczema Treatment. This natural eczema treatment is designed to provide relief from eczema symptoms and help heal the skin. With ingredients like calendula, chamomile, and colloidal oatmeal, it's gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.
In summary, managing stress is essential for controlling eczema symptoms. By combining these practices with consistent use of a quality eczema treatment, you can improve your skin's health and feel more comfortable in your own skin. So don't wait - start incorporating these tips and products into your routine today!